Wednesday 2 May 2007

Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Neunburg vorm Wald

(I'm writing this in an internet cafe in Neunburg with a German keyboard so there'll probably be many typos!)

So today started with another huge German breakfast - scrambled eggs with meaty bits on top, bread, cheese, more meaty bits, coffee, and orange juice. Add an excellent room and even better location and get the whole lot for 48 Euros (about 33 pounds) - UK hotels have a lot of improving to do.

I decided that I'd try and do as much driving as possible without the GPS for direction and without using the autobahns... after consulting the map I spotted the B470 heading North East from Rothenburg. I did use the GPS to get me onto the road itself but from then on I just followed the road (apart from when I lost the road - boo!) When I reached Auerbach der Oberpfalz I then took the 85 to Amberg and then on to Neunburg vorm Wald. Nearly all of the roads today have been amazing - the views of the country side were also fantastic. (I'll post pictures when I get can to a WiFi hotspot.. probably in Prague).

So now it's off to the hotel - (35 Euros, or 24 pounds!!!) - to do some work on the laptop. Otherwise I'll site here and drink more beer than is good for me and get nothing done!

Prague tomorrow, Toni flies in on Friday, Poland around Monday.. then off to the Tatras! How cool is this :-) If I could get mobile internet access I could be a wandering programmer - that would be cool...

Till later, Tschuss.

No comments: